Loading...
08-08-19 DPC10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 City of Las Cruces® MOUNTAINS IF RFPRIITUNITY The following are summary minutes for the meeting of the City of Las Cruces — Downtown Parking Committee for August 8, 2019 at 4:00 p.m., at the City of Las Cruces, City Hall, Conference Room 1158, 700 North Main Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico. Members Present: Ceara Angel, Las Cruces Resident Michael White, Business Owner George Pearson, Member -at -Large Tiffany Thompson, Farmers Market Representative Paul Dahlgren, Economic Development Coordinator Barbara DeLeon, Interim Assistant City Manager Griselda Martinez, Interim Economic Development Director Elizabeth Teeters, Policy Analyst Tony Trevino, Engineering Administrator Hector Terrazas, Engineer Joshua Savage, Police Sergeant Dania Soto, Executive Administrative Assistant Members Absent: Kasandra Gandara, District 1 Heather Pollard, Adjacent Neighborhood Representative 1. Call to order— 4:01 p.m. Action and Discussion Items: 2. Approval of Minutes: a. July 11, 2019 I. Approved with suggestion to change the attendee list order and listing absent attendees 3. Action Items a. N/A 4. Current Discussion Items and Task Listing a. Main Street Saturday Parking i. Farmers Market tried to tow about 4 vehicles on a Saturday. 1. Both PD and CODES said no due to an internal process. 2. CODES has now been informed of the towing on Saturday's starting at 6:00 a.m. 3. Officer Savage will find the internal process and clarify that we are to tow when vehicle are parked there on Saturday morning b. Parking Enforcement Signage 10 11 12 13 14 is 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 i. PW will be looking at adding signs at each space for reverse parking. c. Reverse Parking i. Recommendation to look at adding sings to not cross the double yellow line in middle of street. ii. Ticket issuing will start September. d. Timed Parking i. Flyer still needs to be translated ii. Final will be sent out to committee iii. Will work with PIO on distributing iv. Enforcement options are still being worked on 1. RFI will be sent out v. Distribute flyer 3 months from when 2hr. enforcement will be implemented vi. Add date of when it will be implemented on flyer vii. Send out education of just general parking viii. Clarify the"P" 1. Parking is private ix. Have the general parking information flyer ready by next meeting. 5. Next Meeting Discussion Items a. Committee Role and Responsibilities b. September 12, 2019 next meeting date 6. Future Discussion a. Parking Garage b. Parking Study c. Traffic Counting Results Adjourn — 4:27 p.m. Chair Approved: