Loading...
08-21-19 MSPTF0 City of Las Cruces MOUNTAINS OF OPPORTUNITY The following are summary minutes from the Mayor's Suicide Prevention Taskforce meeting held on Wednesday, August 21, 2019. The meeting was held at City Hall, Room 2007A, 700 N. Main St., Las Cruces, NM. Attendees Present: Lora Garcia Pacheco Sharon C. Tariol Judy Baca Stephanie Reiss Kimberley Hernandez Isaac Trevino Yesenia Perez Jessica Barnhill Paul Ford Robert Maitland Call to order: 1. Meeting called to order at 11:30 a.m. Welcome/introductions: 1. Accomplished Review & Consider Approval of Meeting Minutes: 1. Approval of Minutes: August 21, 2019 2. No minutes taken for the September 18, 2019 meeting, informal meeting Treasurer's Report: 1. Monique Lopez 2. Treasurers Report: $16,035.38 3. Event estimated cost: $4,787.00 4. Remaining balance after event: $11,278.01) Discussion Items: 1. Discussed agenda for Recovery Night for those not involved in committee. a. Stephanie Reiss will take the lead for the 10 Peer Support Workers. b. Discussed t-shirt price issue. ' C. Approval given to display Memorial Wall in City Hall lobby for a month. d. Add LC Mayor's Suicide Prevention Task Force to the "wall". e. Plan B: I. In case of rain, if approved, hold event in the lobby of City Hall and covered area outside. f. September 5, 2019 g. Pre -event meeting of vendors and Peer Support Workers at 3:00 pm at FYI. h. Flyer title to be changed to: Recovery and Suicide Awareness Night 2. Initiate a website for the task force a. Motion: Judith Baca b. 2n4: Lora Garcia -Pacheco c. Executive Committee to work on this. 3. Mental Health First Aid Training tentatively scheduled for October 2019. a. Plan to present quarterly 4. Mobile Crisis a. Mesilla Valley Hospital has mobile assessments starting at age 10 years old. b. Soon to be able to start at age 8. c. Call main hospital line and ask for "mental health assessment". d. They don't go into the home. e. Paul Ford ask if the Fire Department Mobile Unit teamed with the MVH Crisis Assessment would MVH Staff would be able to enter the home (Judy Baca will check on this idea at MVH). f. Discussion on bullying related to coalition and NAMI. Meeting adjourned 1. Meeting adjourned at 1:15pm 2. Motion: Stephanie Reiss 3. 2nd: Jessica Barnhill Approved: ArIl9 8/21/19