Loading...
06-15-2005 Fourth of July Meeting Page 1 June 15,2005 Fourth of July Committee U 5 Meeting Notes rA June 15,2005 12:00 p.m. / 2 City Office Center,575 S. Alameda Blvd. Members Present: Richard Parra, Cyndi Rhodes; Tom Kellner, Marla Ridgway Members absent: Marcel Nicolitz, Chairman; David Martinez Staff. Robert Caldwell,Ex-Officio; Letty Garcia, Recording Secretary. Rob Caldwell stated the only sponsor that is not on the flyer is Garduno's. They will provide about 18 to 20 meals for the entertainers. Committee decided to waive the vendor's fee for Garduno's. Rob Caldwell stated Hilton has provided us with about 18 room nights and one suite for Buddy Guy. Rob Caldwell stated that the Mesilla Valley Best Western will be the host hotel for the Big Blast Baseball Tournament. They will also provide the rooms for officials from USSSA. They are giving a total of 24 room nights and a pool party for the Baseball Tournament. Rob Caldwell stated that El Paso Electric Company has contributed $1,500.00. Rob Caldwell asked about having a Kick Off Party at Kahuna's. Committee decided to have a Sponsor's Thank You Party at Kahuna's. Rob Caldwell stated that he has reserved Kahuna's the night of the 3rd after the parade. Rob Caldwell asked Marla Ridgeway if she could get volunteers to set up the area and also to serve food at Kahuna's. Richard Parra asked if the $1500, 00 would cover 150 people with food. Cyndi Rhodes stated that the Conquistadors will not be able to volunteer. Rob Caldwell stated people that we should invite to the kick off party should be major sponsors, media sponsors, co-sponsors, VIP's, and volunteers. Richard Parra asked how the committee is going to be in control of allowing only those invited to enter Kahuna's? Fourth of Jul Meeting g Page 2 June 15, 2005 Tom Kellner suggested giving out tickets instead of invitations. Richard Parra stated if the committee was in agreement to use the money for the `Thank You' party. The Committee decided to print about 150 tickets for invited guests. Tom Kellner suggested that when the liquor is gone that we have a cash bar. Tom Kellner also suggested that maybe we could ask Dickerson's to do the liquor and the food. Rob Caldwell stated that we will serve snacks at Kahuna's. Rob Caldwell stated to the committee that they need to remember that they need to be at the staging area for the start of the parade. Rob Caldwell stated that he is sure that the parade will be done by 10:00 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. at the latest if it starts at 9:00 p.m Rob Caldwell stated that he will invite Police to our next meeting and ask them to assist us with the parade. The Committee will meet weekly from now until the 4th of July. Meeting was adjourned at 1:30 p.m.