Loading...
09-06-2001 1 I METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION 2 TECHNICAL ADVISORY CONMUTTEE (TAC) MEETING 3 Thursday, September 6, 2001 4 City Office Center Rm. 214 5 6 7 Following are the summary minutes from the Metropolitan Planning Organization's (MPO) 8 Technical Advisory Committee(TAC)meeting held on Thursday, September 6, 2001 at 4:00 p.m. 9 in the City Office Center Conference Rm. 214, 575 S. Alameda, Las Cruces,NM. 10 11 Members Present: Bill Fleming, Chair(DAC Flood Commission) 12 Marty Pillar(CLC Public Works) 13 Loretta Reyes for Robert Garza(CLC Public Works) 14 Chuck McMahon for Wayne Grinnell (DAC Planning) 15 Dickie Apodaca(DAC Engineering) 16 John Knopp (Town of Mesilla) 17 Ben Woods (NMSU) 18 Tim Sanders (BLM) 19 20 Members Absent: Arnulfo Castaneda(Town of Mesilla) 21 22 Staff Present: Lisa Fuselier(MPO Staff) 23 24 Others Present: Paul Pompeo (Southwest Engineering, Inc.) 25 Adrian Apodaca(NMSHTD District One) 26 Christine Ochs (CLC Land Management) 27 28 29 I. CALL TO ORDER 30 31 The meeting was called to order at 4:10 p.m. by Bill Fleming. 32 33 II. ACTION ITEMS 34 35 A. Review and approval of August 2,2001 minutes. 36 37 Bill Fleming opened the meeting with any comments or corrections to the minutes of August 2,2001. 38 39 No changes were made. 40 41 John Knopp moved to accept the minutes. 42 43 Marry Pillar seconded. 1 s 1 All voted"Aye." Minutes were approved unanimously. 2 3 B. Review and recommendation for definition of "limited access highway" for 4 inclusion in the MPO's Transportation Plan. 5 6 Lisa Fuselier opened the discussion by giving a brief explanation. The definition for LimitedAccess 7 Highway is written with the same style as the other roadway designations in the document. 8 9 Ben Woods moved that it be approved as written. 10 11 John Knopp seconded. 12 13 All were in favor . None opposed. Motion passes unanimously. 14 15 III. DISCUSSION ITEMS 16 17 A. Discussion of options for changes in roadways and designations for portions of 18 the Shalem Colony Trail Study Area. -19 20 Lisa Fuselier gave a brief overview. After working with BLM,the applicant,and Land Management 21 Department, City staff has come up with two options and wanted input from the TAC. Next, City 22 staff will go to the Policy Committee to let them know what's going on, then have public 23 involvement, then back to the TAC for a formal recommendation, and then back to the Policy 24 Committee for final approval. 25 26 Quesenberry currently isn't designated. Option one would designate Quesenberry as a major local 27 and option two would leave it as a local road. 28 29 Tim Sanders stated that the current entrance into Box Canyon is through the airport property which 30 is causing some conflicts. With one option,they can extend from Barcelona Ridge and connect to 31 Airport Road so that they can close the other entrance. 32 33 There was discussion about the development in the Shalem Colony area. 34 35 Christine Ochs stated that there is concern about the development moving towards the airport. They 36 are doing some construction at the airport currently and would like to do some extensions to the 37 runways in the future. This would cause problems with the Box Canyon area. The City is currently 38 looking at options for the land around the airport so it can't be used for residential development. 39 There needs to be a buffer between the airport and the residential development. 40 41 There was discussion aboutthe connection to the interchange and keeping the flow of traffic moving 42 smoothly. 43 2 1 After a lengthy discussion,the TAC members decided to go with option one with modifications to 2 the connection of where the road would connect with the Highway. 3 4 Dickie Apodaca stated that he would like to see Quesenberry be designated as a collector because 5 of the increase to traffic that will happen once the land starts to develop. 6 7 IV. OTHER DISCUSSION 8 9 None. 10 11 12 V. PUBLIC COMNIENTS 13 14 None. 15 16 VI. ADJOURNMENT 17 18 Dickie Apodaca made a motion to adjourn the meeting. 19 20 Marty Pillar seconded. 21 22 All voted"Aye." 23 24 Meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m. 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 3 L A S C R U C E S D O N A A N A M E S I L L A 'ACPKT Tina Eck METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION P.O.BOX 200001 LAS CRUCES NM 188004 PHONE(505)528-3222 1 FAX(505)528-3155 AGENDA LAS CRUCES METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAC) The following is the Agenda for a meeting of the Las Cruces Metropolitan Planning Organization's Technical Advisory Committee for September 6, 2001 at 4:00 p.m., in Room 214 of the Las Cruces City Office Center, 575 S. Alameda Blvd., Las Cruces, New Mexico. The City of Las Cruces does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in the provision of services. The City of Las Cruces will make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability who wishes to attend this public meeting. Please notify the City at least 48 hours before the meeting by calling 528- 3222 (Voice) or 528-3157 (TTY). This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling the same numbers listed above. 1. CALL TO ORDER 11. ACTION ITEMS A. Review and approval of August 2, 2001 minutes. B. Review and recommendation for definition of"limited access highway" for inclusion in the MPO's Transportation Plan. 111. DISCUSSION ITEMS A. Discussion of options for changes in roadways and designations for portions of the Shalem Colony Trail Study Area. IV. OTHER DISCUSSION V. PUBLIC COMMENTS VI. ADJOURNMENT Technical Advisory Committee Sign-in Roster Date: September 6, 2001 Name Agency/Address Phone 1 C; Y- D I LRS Crk ceS Ic,�o�,D 915 - s -374- 3 <©m 4 LOR��� CjTj OF LAS cjzucES Fort Qo(3t-�7 C-��� bac�c. won-i�S DE;n7 528-3 33 3 5 p �,g,�� fainPF� TE+w�ST- �^�}t'a��x tiCj Svc. $210—333 6 AqrnAeA N►M54TP -D--ISib -Zbo3 7 LISA Fv5EL1 CLL $- 8 9 6�' - 745� 10 42a .�5 l lCk l� o,�AGl4 C 6_—�jJC—I tV G I N Cy 14,,d wwIt"it'l 5 zo- YZO