Loading...
12-07-1994 LAS CRUCES MEITK)P()LITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION 2 MEETING WEDNESDAY. DECEMBER '7. 1994 3 4 The following is the Agenda for the Las Cruces Metropolitan Fjlanninij (T(J,alliZ-a tiOn's Policy Committee Meeting-( held on Wednesday. Eleceinter 7 at 1:00 p.m. , in the Las Cruces'-City Council Chambers. 12100 North Street. Las Cruces. New Mexico. 6 Y,0_ 481ERS PRESENT: Tommy Tomlin. Chairman of Las Cruces) Herculano Ferralez (City of Las Cruces) Ray D. Luchini (Dona Ana County) 7 Kenneth Miyac rashima (Dona Aria County) Michael Cadena. (Town of Mesilla) 8 Thad B(-),< (Town of Mesilla) 9 MLNBEJ-6 ABS_TNT: John Haltom (City of Las Cruces) Fdward Southworth (Town of Mesilla.) 10 FSESENT: -ian Denmark, MFK) Officer a Michael Parks. City Planning 11 Linda LzSut. City Planning Minerva Sanchez. Recoi-c3Lmg_ Secretary 12 -ALL TO CTRDER 7:()C) pi.m. There was a quol-ulil. 13 t:_� _ff,-e-t-1 ry-f t c_? c�j-d a 4L. 14 APPR(YVAL OF MINUTE? 15 Mi . Tomlin said, the first order of business is approval of the minutes L­Diii the previous meeting. I' ll entertain a motion to ac,(--e-pt the minutes. 16 Mir. Ferralez moved for -approval of the minutes. Mr. Mlyagashima 17 seconded. There was no furth6r discusson and the minutes were app.roved -inandmously (5-0: Mr. C"adena was not present for this vote) . 18 NEY BUSDINTESS 19 Mi--. Tomlin said. under New Business, we have a Review of the FY 19915- Ti"Fansportation Impi-c)vement Program's (TIP) development schedule. We had 20 i: `-''-u- packet a time schedule outlined by the staff. Mr. Denmark wc-uld -1 please explain turther. 21 Vi_v fe-l-mark said. just a few cotments. Mr. -Chairman. Now that we're to the process (--,t looking at the Transportation Improvement Pr-C_X:f1,affi 22Tl YC are a few items that I think you need to be aware of as posslute dhan(-tes �ha, have occur-i-ed over th'� -s. 4- last couple of years I r You' I I recall . wt_� used _0 participate in what was called the. Annua I 23 E I emt:-n t. ,,'Ti-anspor tat i on improvement Progp-am process. You' ll clot ice T:Or'l 1 ijh that we're- , only calling it the Transportation Improvement 24 FY-cg?-am. The main reason behind that is just to provide some consistency with 1-v-)w the State and Federal guidelines are drafted. When we're' 1 l-2: e 'l na to the TIP, we'r-e also referring to the first yearand trie 25 i ect s- that are dssocia-�,ed with that . More importantly. the m-Dic)i that - have occurred through IE-7iT__k and the ado1_-)ti(-_)n of tne MPO 26 1'raiiqkortat ion Plan is th«. tact that this process is now tar roi-malized and specialized than it. was in the past.. if you remerf6_-r, we 27 _.sed to leave an MPO Transportation improvement Program that pretty mukJ-, i n c 1 ucae d every project- of importance to all three governmental entities anctveal-, we down-Scaled that due to the fact that it had to meet 28 the requirements for the MPO. So, what we did was incorpol-ate 29 an pr(-gram that not only includes the TIP but all those' �:,thel- r)i-oiect-s that. were deemed appropriate but were more for local review and 30 31 32 � II I�• i LAS' CRUCES MEIDJPC)LITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION DECDVIR R 7. 199,4 1 2I local r_nancial cons•_derat.ion. The important thing with the TIP process 3 tills V,'dl- is. for one. it must comply with the MPU's Transportation Pian that we recently adopted. Obviously, amendments to the Plan could ecur but if we receive a request that 's a major project and it's not a 1.+urt r 4 th,-- KPO's Transportation Flan. we would not be able to include it 2 the transportation Improvement. F- --ogram. So either an amendment to the 5 Tra!-.sportation Plan would have to occur or it would not be. able to i cc-;-is idered at least for this, part i cu l ar- year-. Another issue that 's very 6 important is that we must insure that the projects will be supported by tht_ appropriate lead agency. So, if the City of Las Cruces has a pro 1.ct; that. they're wanting to receive some form of federal assistance. or state. 7 assistance, they are going to hav, to be willincr to support the match that would be appropriate for that particular project. Therefore, any g �,t";;rets that are on the Transportation Improvement Program will have tc to approved by the appropriate governmental entity. In reference to 9 that. there is already in e.K:isting Transportation Improvement Prcgiam. obviously a lot of projects have already been endorsed by g,verrhmental ic_rency so we don't have to go back and seek reappr ova"l . It 10 „._uld only be. for those projects that are possible add-oils for this particular year. Another issue that 's critical is the type •f 11 information that needs to he. provided. That's been included in y u - Mr. Parks and Pls. LaSut have provided an outline of the type C f inioruhation that needs to be included for each project. That's very 12 imp)r-tant because we will not be able to rate the projects it we're notgiverh the appropriate information. 'P}-he cost associated with the pro iect_.. 13 wh=' ,c+ir>3 to 1 the lead agenc , a ccmtact person, and items t t}h°ht r;atui-e are "very impc,rtant. We. 'are more than willing to help out al i three :sover7tmentai ent t rtes in trying to find out what projects ar e 14 appr;_,priare and important to that particular agency. We are in a process 117vY 1--.e on �cemi�r 1. and we have submitted pct)✓.i re. 15 r,_,tification out to seek input with a deadline of January 15. The crtarice behind till is, r + allow ample time for the Technical Advisory 16 _-e and then the Pclacy Committee to review and consider a new 'Transportation Improvement Prccrr-am. What that means for ,you .is that we 17 have a deadline of February is. the Policy Committee's regular meeting. ir, wl,ic}", tci adopt a TEP and. then forward that information to the Sr_ar_e ilighwa-,, and Transportation Improvement F'rcgram. At this partict_hlar- time. 18 start d,-,es not anticipate many chancres to the existing TIP. The reasc,n for that is because there are already some major projects that have been 19 deemed. important to the Policy Committee and those are already within the st-,re's Transportation Improvement Program. and they are gouty to be ir, the next several years. As you are well aware, there l c-is teerh 20 lot of change in how projects are conducted. You no longer ask for a _cr". ;ect, receive approval and begin constnrction a year iater. It's 21 taking up to 10 years now to have a major project go from preliminary .-analysis and enviri..'rurhental documentation all the way through to final design and right-of-way acquisition and finally, corhstruction. So, the US 22 ,0 frontage road project . for example. is a many year process in which we are iust now at the environmental and preliminary design stage and moving 23 rntc, final design. hopefully in the not tclo distant future: but it is C1+ing to be a few years before we actually see some constructic ir,. Sc, 24 obvic. u;L iy. any projects that we receive that are brand new will have r» indicated as such. It won't be a project indicated for corhstructi.rh. 25 it will be a project indicated for preliminary and envirormtental design +nCi analysis. What we do anticipate is potential enhancement projects or _.rhy other projects that might be fi l king in some of those inter year:. 26 LEacause as we move fu-ther into the TIP we' ll have some gaps. Those are =ham areas that we' ll be concentrating the most this year. The last thing 27 � I ' like to mention is that we have to be financially constrained. We Ihave T ;: provide a r P;:t i ist is Trans stat ion Improvement ovement !I p', p -- Program ixt:�ec:i cin the amc+l�,ts of fundin that we've been anticipating over the ne :t rive t,_, 28 ten ye_u-s. So that 's, something else that we have to consider but that 's nothincr new because we did that last year. In addition to that, we're 29 soliciting input for the Unified Work Prcgr-am which is basically clur rn_h i de 1 i r ie ��n what we're supposed to be acc+-.mp 1 i sh i ng over the ne;.t. year . 30 31 32 4 1 t , II I NVNk s I-A , CRUCES Mh-ROr-(�LITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION DECEMBER 7, 199,4 1 2 If there are any pro iects or specific issues that you want staff to bi-i ncr 31 f��rward to the Technical Advisory Committee and then the Policy C,_,rrunitter for review and consideration, that's the document in whicti we neea tc 4 input that type of information. So, if there's anything specific. we would request over the next couple of months that you provide that i:-�I�ormation and we will submit a proposed UWP to you for consideration on 5 F't!bruary 8. 6 Mff-. Tomlin said. will each individual entities staff's be asked to provide that for Mesilia or Las Cruces? 7 Mr-. Denmark said. the Unified Work Procrram or the TIP? 8 Mr. Tomlin said, no, for the Unified Work Program. 9 Mr. Denmark said. we can do that. I would say that in the part we. haven't received any input except from the TAC and the Policy Committee. Tlw CAC does have representation from County staff and Town or Mesilia. 10 ',vim can solicitthat information. It's riot a problem. 11 �1 Tomlin said. I think that part of the process with the. informat i,-,n timetable might preclude us from doing this on an individual ba5i.�. 'nit 's what I would like to see as an individual Councilor in makinci slur 12 that the C(--)uneil identifies lather than just the three representatives or! the Policy Committee identify areas for projects. As well as any other 13 thing that they might want the MPG to be looking at. in their particular area. 14 Mi Denmark said. that's not a problem. I could draft a lett er to thte City Manager and then we can take it from there with the entire City 15 +_'Iurlc.il because there could be other councilor or commissioners who might have other planning projects that they feel might need to be looked at. 16 Mr. Ferral,�z said, Mr. Chairman, I recall that I've br-ougitt up file I7 subject of the possibility of rural transit routes to the south, because there have been some communities to the south that have been asking for some type of transportation. I think we've brought this up before, ai-Y-1 I 18 was wondaring if staff could tell me what the status is for rural t.ransi;ortat i on. 19 Mr. Denmark said, there was a study that was conducted arxt an advisory 20 committee put together in order to further consider that particular issue. As tar a.s where they are now. I 'm not sure. 21 Mr. Parks said. I know that they are still meeting and discussing some f their options. I know that there was some discussic-,rl because or 22 Senate Bill 95, but I 'm not sure what the status is right now. Tim Russ is part of that committee and is very active. 23 Mr. D-7—n_rlark said. we did include that as part of the MPO Trar-Lqportation Flan. so that could be. further considered. 24 Mr. Tomlin said. maybe we can get an update as to what the Advisory �_'� mTattee is doing at this time. 25 Mr. Fer ra 1 ez said. Mr. Chairman, I also have another request . Roadi7_rnner 26 far ir_ made some changes as far as routes and times in order t.:, acc�_-mnodate the East Mesa. which is fine. But, the question that comes 27 too mind is if it affected ridership. I wonder if Mr. Russ could provide us with some information on the ridership for both the last calendar year and this calendar year in order to get a comparison. and see if file 28 change in times has made a difference in ridership. 29 Mr. Denmark said, I wouldn' t anticipate that being a probl?m. We can have Tim Russ come to the next meeting and talk about that. I know-they 30 31 32 1 F { LAS CRUCM METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION DECEMBER 7, 1 2 were croing to have tt_i come anyway to talk about ADA compliance, sc l we Cllr! 31 have ,;DRi cover lxAh issues at the same time. 4 Mr . T(_Imlin said, are there any other comments or questions. If not, we' 11 prc,ceed to Other Business. 5 M Ferralez said, I wanted to inform the membership that the Mayor . Councilor Kennon and I went_ to White Sands to meet with General Laws. We 6 talked about several things with regard to the space port. But.. one _,f arras that General i,,iws is very interested in is the development .;r Highway 70 because so many of his people both civilian and military use ? �_S70, and it 's becoming a real hazard traffic--wise. I suggested that the City ouncil arid the members consider having a nonvoting member froll, 8 White 'Sands on the MPO Committee. General Laws would name a repi-esent.ative. There is so much concern over Highway 70 as far as 9 traffic and it will some time before the frontage roads are constrlictei_l that they are asking about . other options including- the bypass over , the university which is a long time to coma. We don't even have the ricTl;t -cf 10 w.a.v so far, but these are areas that I think he should be kept abr-efist or. He welcomed the suggestion and that he would be glad to name someone cin his staff that would be well-informed as to what the are 11 L,x-king from the base's point-of-view aril the people that phave eto use these areas. I just wondered if we could consider this and if we. ac*ree 12 that it would be a goc� idea then we could proceed to have staff draft a resolutiot; or whatever is necessary. 13 Mr. Tc-Jiro said. C'ouncilor Ferralez. I believe you mentioned that at the 14 City Council meeting on Monday. I thought about it and probably the most app.-(_,priate place for such a member would be to join that nonvoting group on the TAC. They look at all of the other things from a more techr,ir_•ai 15 --view rather than „ political point­_ f--view. sc+ I third< th,.,t would probably be more appropriate there. Their suggesti,_)ns coli 16 _-._,t. kind of impact would war k: better in the TAC. We have a mechanism in r,iace where we can add to that nonvoting block rather than tiyir„J to 17 create somthing completely new at the Policy Committee level . Mr. Ferralez said, I agr-ee with you because I noticed in our minutes that 18 we ciiac.issed that at length. I do feel that before we go any fui-ther- that we should get their input. I think it 's time that we had 19 communi(_ation with White Sands and more cooperation. The general said they were willing to cooperate but they didn't want to go where they 20 t wanted. That's logical . Nh-. Tomlin said, does anyone ;abject to them being placed on the TAC. 21 IVh-. Luchini said, I think they should have been on the TAC a long time 22 ago. even if just for the sake of good relations. We need to work wits, the people out there. 23 Mr. Denmark said, you want us to bring you a resolution nest month modifying the By-Laws to add them. 24 Mr. Tomlin said. I think what we might want to do is to check with the crene}-al 's staff out there and find out whether they want to be named as a 25 r1;- time member or dc) they want to name a special llaision officer for- issues related to discussions of Highway 70 and impact related 26 iinpi-ovements, etc. They may not want to worry about a 11 of the -Aller thlrigs, and we could name a special liaision officer for Highway 70 27 related measures and then it would be up the MPO staff to monitor items placed on the agenda specifically related to Highway 70 and notify them. 28 Mr. Parks said, Mr. Chairman. we could just add them to our mailing list and open communication that way. - 29 Mr. Denmark said. they might want more than that Mr. Parks. For 30 — - 31 32 a 1 LAS CRUCES MLIT-KPDLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION DECEMBER 7. i99,4 2 instance. we're now in the environmental process with LIS 70 al-ld they 3 might, wa.rit to get involved with that. Maybe we should talk to theil- staff see exactly what. they want to do. 4 Ml-. T01111in said. I 'd like to see what- kind of approach they'd like to taP.e and then we can draft the appropriate formal resolution. I thilk, 5 rhr._Aj_g­h the government,--il process it is easier to justify partici pat_ it recognizing their- membership participataon. have a formal document iecom 6 Luchini said. I think it would be better, if they were. on the TA( than ia.n 7 here because this is a policy-ma—king body. ML-. Ferrolez said. from the conversation we had with the general . he 8 feels there will I>-- even more areas that there can be ccH�perati r, especially with the subsequent space port . A lot of people are not awai*,: 9 that White Sands has control of 50 or 60 square miles on this side of the mountains. 10 Mr. Tomlin said, you're-- referring to the air --pace. 11 Mi-. Ferralez said. air space and flight safety space. . .and they .-,eal`.-aid of encroachment either with development or roads or whatever. They want to have an idea of what is being planned, and the whole, thing 12 DD-, 1.3 down to c.oamiuni cat ion. Many of the problems facing the :spa:-3pa(-e port 11 r are duF to a lack of communication. Even though there's no way the space 13 p(-) be put rigi-It in the middle. of White Sands hxaca(.lse of the safety concerns but Wlhite Sands will he able to offer all types of 14 support . Mi-. Miyaga-shima said. I wanted t(-) brincr this Up. I think, we're all aware - 15 that unfortunate accident on Cholla Road and Stern Lvive, I believe. had a few people who live in that area commenting about chat 16 1 ocular intersection. They have said that it has surprised them ttiat cUl accident like that hadn't happened before because a lot of people 17 d-1-i't even stop at the intersection I understand that in the futi-a-e f tI iat particular area is supp,--,-=;e to become an interchange for the freeway, but I didn't know it perhaps we might want to look, at a traffic light 'an 18 that particular area.' I know there's a stop sign. but perhaps a light. might stop another -fatality from happening before that interchange is-1-Alt. 19 in. 20 Mr. Tomlin said. is that on University property'? Mr. Denmark said. no, it 's city. We could talk to the Traffic Engineer 21 a 1-ld I-lave hire give us a report which we, can relay back to the Policy C.,orrlm a t t eem. I 'm not si-u-e. . . I know some of the problems out there.. With 4'22 the Traffic the design of the intersection. but I don't know i1 has had a signal is needed. any requests tc-) do a study and determine if a 23 Mi- Miyagashima said. Mr. chairman, one person commented that if the Chief sent out an officer, he'd be busy al I day writing ticf-,ets fl cnn 24 people. ii-inning the. stop sign. Apparently'. it is very common for l:eolle t(-, run at. It's easybecause there's no one around. I thin}. they,ci JI-)e less inclined to run a signal light. 25 IvL-. T,,-)rtilin said, have them do a "warrant" analysis of the intei .-nection 26 f _Ls and report to us-. My best gi-tess is that it won' '- al,,et ti-le warrant" for a traffic signal based on other requests we've pijt ir, roi 27 traffic signals in the city. but we can get an update. Mr. Denr,&I-k said. I would agree. but we' ll take a look at it. 28 Mr. T,_,ml in said, we might look at other safety factors. maybe we neect -t 29 larger stop sign, or check with Chief Hampton and reau' est 1110111torilig of that_ st, p sign with the idea (7.,f writing some citati'-Al:_�;__ the regular users. 30 31 -5- 32 jl LAS CRUCES MEIRDB)LITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION DECEMER 7, 19,4 1 2 3 Mr. Mivagashima said. Mr. Chairman, can you also take into consideration the various streets in the near- vicinity as far as the ti-afric count 4 compilation. I know there are some other.. . . Mr. Tomlin said, I 'm sure that they have that data because we do the 5 periodic traffic counts. We' ll get a report and see what we can do with i t.. s Mr . Ferralez said, alork this same line, I think we re J quested informaticn-i c'n how many accidents we had on Watson Lane. Remember- when we had 7 -chediled the realignment on Watson Lane? 8 Mr. Denmark said, you want to know at the intersection of Watson area Sc,uth Main? 9 Mr. Ferralez said, yes. Are the signal lights on line yet'? 10 Mr. Tomlin said, yes, they should be, because they were flashing. I read in the paper, where they were complaining about that. Do we know when 11 t?iey're going to be activated? lfr. 12 b nmark said, no, I sure don't. Mr. Parks said, I understood it would be this year. They are temCr_-rary 13 signals, mind you, until they go in and do the real igraent. 14 Mr . Tomlin said, they were going through that process where they just rlash to get people used to them, before they go on line. The S.,urxl Orr 15 call was, they're fldshing, when are they going to actually work. Mr. Parks said. due to the traffic volumes there. they are probably 16 leaving them flashing for a longer period so that everyone gets used te. .n-m before t_ go on 1 ine. 17 Mr. Cadena .said. Mr. Chairman. do we know when the actual reali(ziLiient i going to take place. I 'm a little concerned because I haven't seen hc)w 18 1t `5 goina to work with lights being set up so close together . Mi' ,=.t::_: Haiti, it 4_y_:in { t{ be. t0 18 Months later. so we're lookirI(_a 19 at least a year. 20 Mr TkAiilin said, 1 think he's talking about the temporary signals. 21 !JL . Cadena said, I 'm talking about the permanent realignment.. But , I 'm .-_,ncerned about how the temporary signal's are placed. There's ojr1N signal _end then just 20 to 30 yards away, there's another signal . Where are we 22 wi�_h the permanent realignment? Do we even have any of the righr_-,,r--way: 23 Mr. Part:S said, as I understand it from informal conversat.ion_: with Highw._iy Department personnel . they will be acquiring property north or 24 Watson. where there's a distributorship, they' ll be acquiring that px.,_,pert_y, moving across it over, to accommodate Tortugas Read. "lhey wi l l nc;t acquirinq any property at the Circle K because they probably do not. 25 want to get into any hazardous waste situation potential with the gas pLur;ps there. 26 i T,_-mlln said, anything else? 27 !� Denmark said. I'd like to introduce ivls. Linda LaSut. I believe most of yvu have met her. .She began work on October 10. David Carpenter [-gas 28 ( been promoted and is n(-,w the Zoning coordinator for the City. We're gictci to haves Nis. LaSut on b,_, i d. 29 Mu-. "lCmilin said. u'_sc:. cientlemen, we have on the table a lisr_ or dates 30 (` -6- 31 32 I� D-16 CRUC 13 METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION DECEMBER 7. 199=1 1 2 i,_-r the 1 +95 calendai- ,year for our meetings. I always hate to get. this 31 so early because I haven't purchased my pocket calendar yet and I ' ll lose this list between now and then, so you' ll have to remind us in Januai_v. 4 Mr. tierimark said, we care give you another schedule in January. 5 Mr . Tomlin said. the other item that I have deals with one of oLu- loncf- t ime members or o1_Lr or-ganization, Ray Luchini . I think this is cf anj t,;-" 6 vote last meeting for a while. On behalf of all of us, I want to ,_nark You ror your dedicated Service as a member- and chair ,t ti-ie ? '_'mmittee. YC.,U've done some goxl work and we will miss you an awful 1 _�t. You're welcome to cisme back: any time. and we wish you a lilt or 1 uC•I.. 8 Mr. Lu(_--hini said. I 'm going to miss being around. I think I 've dedicar_e,i 9 a 1c,t or my time in my life to the City and the County. not only as a pt_,liticlan but also as an individual . I wanted to see something done ror tr,e i uttu-e of Dona Ana County. We've seen a lot of changes in the last 10 moi) years that I 've been around. Hopefully, we can see a lot more. 'lbere will 1_)e new Commissioners arid Councilors coming on board. It's been very 11 1�'"r ai'ding for me. and I enjoyed it. I've served on the TransExjrtatiuri Dnnr1ittee out of Washington for the last six years and that was very 12 rewarding for me. I learned a lot and I had a lot of input into, but there's still a lot of work to be done and you can't do with a phone call or letter. Hopefully someone will take over because it is important that 13 we Eta".. on top of things, 14 Mr. Ferralez said. if we ever- need some advice, would you be available.- Mr* vailable.Mr. Luchini said. you bet. I'd be glad to help in any way I can. I ' ll 15 still be in Dona Ana County and I want this to be the number one county in New Mexico. 16 Kr. Tomlin said, thank you, Mr. Luchini . If there isn't anything else. 17 we care go ahead and adjourn. 'Mere was no further business and the meeting ad ic,urned at 7:35 p.m. 18 MIM=--', SUBNITTEri BY: 19 20 Minelva Sanchez Recording Secretary 21 22 M is 1,,TUTE 5 ACCEPTED BY: 23 �_ 24 Tommy Tomlin MP(D Policy Co ittee Chaii-man 25 26 27 28 29 30 -�- 31 32 1 i le N MPO LAS `RUCES METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION TOWN OF MESILLA — CITY OF LAS CRUCES — DONA ANA COUNTY AGENDA The following is the Agenda for a meeting of the Las Cruces Metropolitan Planning Organization's Policy Committee for Wednesday, December 7, 1994 at 7:00 p.m., in the Las Cruces City Council Chambers, 200 South Church Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico. The City of Las Cruces will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation(s) for people with disabilities who wish to attend a public meeting. Please notify the City at least 24 hours before the meeting. Telephone 526-000 or TDD number, 526-0122. I. CALL TO ORDER II. REVIEW OF MINUTES III. NEW BUSINESS A. Review of the FY 1995-96 Transportation Improvement Program's (TIP) development schedule. IV. OTHER V. ADJOURNMENT Ribli.sh: Sunday, 11/27/94 P.O. DRAWER CLC LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO 88004 PHONE (505)/526-0620 LAS CRUCES METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION POLW COMMITTEE ACTION FORM FOR MEETING OF: December 7, 1994 AGENDA ITEM: REVIEW OF MINUTES ACTION REQUESTED: Review and Consideration of Minutes - Policy Committee Meeting on September 7, 1994. SUPPORT INFORMATION: 1. Policy Committee Meeting Minutes for September 7, 1994. DISCUSSION/OPTIONS: None. LAS CRUCES METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION POLW COMMITTEE ACTION FORM FOR MEETING OF: December 7, 1994 AGENDA ITEM: Review of the FY 1995-96 Transportation Improvement Program's (TIP) development schedule. ACTION REQUESTED: None. SUPPORT INFORMATION: 1. Notice: Call for Transportation Projects; dated November 7, 1994 2. TIP & Unified Work Program (UWP) Description 3. Proposed Time Schedule DISCUSSION/OPTIONS: Beginning December 1, 1994 through January 15, 1995, the MPO is accepting new recommendations for regional transportation projects. Proposed projects may include new construction, repaving, bike lanes, transit facilities, corridor studies, etc. and must be in conformance with the recently approved Transportation Plan. Furthermore, all projects submitted for consideration must have prior approval of the local government sponsoring the project. Additionally, the Policy Committee may wish to consider projects for inclusion in next year's UWP. MPO POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING Sign-In Sheet date: December 7, 1994 Name Organization Address Phone o Ll aS1^- IA �" ew S -s C,., 4400 a u/ y