Loading...
09-22-1999 I Ericson requested to see the plan before its final approval. 2 Pickle pointed out that the convention center should have outside convention space, 3 which would be useful to the agricultural community, for instance, the pecan growers. 4 He also provided his impression of the neighborhood meeting. He was pleasantly 5 surprised that the neighborhood was favorable toward having a convention center nearby, 6 as long as the traffic exits onto Boutz. 7 8 Utilities 9 10 Jorge Garcia stated they need to make sure the sewer is going to work, e.g. by adjusting the 1 1 ;grades, before they proceed much further. He also suggested that they request a fireflow. 12 13 Staff's Summary 14 15 Denmark prefers that Denton keep the project as a concept plan. He asked Denton to make a list 16 on the actual graphic of all the information of the things that must be done, including the 17 concepts and the conditions, e.g. the details for the open space and the sewer issue. Robert Kyle 18 and Dahna Raugh are the people to consult for the project. If P&Z endorses it, Denmark said it 19 should probably be taken to Council. The reasons for it going to Council are due to the rewrite 20 of the Zoning Code and the requirement in the near future for the concept portion of PUDs to be 21 -xamined by City Council. Denmark said, "And we can do it by resolution without you having 22 ,.o do too much detail, knowing that we're giving you an `okay' on the concept. Then you're 23 doing to have to come back with some harder figures and details and stuff like that." The list that 24 Denton needs to make should be like an outline of what he does know, e.g. the setbacks and the 25 variances, and there should be a second outline of what still must be done. Ericson emphasized 26 that the package of vested rights needs to be clear. 27 28 At the end, Denmark added: "There also might be something in the Zoning Code that you're not 29 wanting to do yet, so we'll have to list that. But it's under the concept plan approval process; 30 you might have to list that as a condition. So go through that section of the Code." 31 32 33 2. South Fork Village PUD (Pre-application review) 34 Harold Denton 35 36 Issues 37 38 Pavement 39 40 Denton is trying not to set up associations, so his plan for pavement maintenance is a common 41 use agreement, similar to a party wall agreement. 42 43 Design 44 45 After Denton described how the houses will follow the contour of the existing grade, in a 46 staircase fashion, Denmark said this project has to be a PUD due to the lot setbacks;thus, those 47 conditions can be part of the application. (205) 48 49 Ericson asked for assurance that, in long term, they will have prohibitions on the conversion of 50 garages. Pickle responded that that does not need to be on there, due to the nature of it. 51 52 Denmark and Denton agreed that the entire package should be presented to the DRC once 53 construction of the first house in the cluster has begun(rather than presenting the package before 54 construction commences.) Denmark said that this must be part of the approval. 55 56 From there, discussion centered on possible changes to the driveways, sidewalks, and garages. 57 58 2 1 DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE (DRC) MEETING 2 September 22, 1999 3 4 Following are the summary minutes of the Development Review Committee (DRC)meeting on 5 September 22, 1999, held at City Council Chambers. 6 7 Members Present: Brian Denmark(PLNG) 8 Jim Ericson(DSD) 9 Jorge Garcia(JU) 10 Robert Garza(Engineering) 11 Rollie Wright(Comm. Services Adm.) 12 13 Staff Present: Sheri Anderson(PLNG) 14 Mike Johnson (Traffic Operations) 15 Robert Kyle (PLNG) 16 Dahna Raugh(PLNG 17 Vince Sanchez(JU) 18 Dan Soriano (PLNG) 19 20 Others Present: Harold Denton 21 Tatt Everhart(Chisolm's Ltd.) 22 Jack Pickle 23 24 25 I. CALL TO ORDER 26 27 Meeting called to order at 9:03 AM. 28 29 30 II. CASE INTRODUCTION 31 32 1. Farney Avenue PUD (Pre-application review) 33 Harold Denton 34 35 Summary of Harold Denton's presentation: 36 37 They looked at running water and sewer down the main street; thus, the water would loop 38 down the alleys throughout the project. 39 Gas and electricity would be in the alleys and sewer would go up the street. 40 For maintenance of landscaping in the street way, Denton proposed a plat deed restriction 41 that requires the homeowners in the area to join the City's Adopt-a-Median program so 42 that the homeowners do the maintenance. 43 Landscaping will be done initially, probably at the time of construction. 44 Ericson asked if the City could be made party to this deed restriction so that they 45 can have the option of enforcing it civilly or criminally. Denmark suggested it be done 46 by agreement, approved by City Council. 47 The neighborhood meeting for the proposed development was reported to be very 48 positive. Many questions were asked by the twenty-five people in attendance and Tatt 49 Everhart contended that at the end of the meeting, the public seemed pleased. The 50 biggest reported concerns were traffic and property values, but Everhart stated that these 51 concerns were well addressed. One individual commented on the water feature, 52 suggesting that desert landscaping be used. Everhart claimed there were more positive 53 comments on having a convention center there than on the housing development. 54 It was reported that the public's comments did not require any changes on the 55 plan. Jack Pickle summed up, saying the people were appreciative of the fact that this 56 proposal was presented to them prior to being formally submitted to City Council. 57 Denmark remarked that this informing of the public prior to formal submittal may 58 be required of developers in the future, since it helps everybody more in the long term. 1 I Ericson requested to see the plan before its final approval. 2 Pickle pointed out that the convention center should have outside convention space, 3 which would be useful to the agricultural community, for instance, the pecan growers. 4 He also provided his impression of the neighborhood meeting. He was pleasantly 5 surprised that the neighborhood was favorable toward having a convention center nearby, 6 as long as the traffic exits onto Boutz. 7 8 Utilities 9 10 Jorge Garcia stated they need to make sure the sewer is going to work, e.g. by adjusting the 11 grades, before they proceed much further. He also suggested that they request a fireflow. 12 13 Staff's Summary 14 15 Denmark prefers that Denton keep the project as a concept plan. He asked Denton to make a list 16 on the actual graphic of all the information of the things that must be done, including the 17 concepts and the conditions, e.g. the details for the open space and the sewer issue. Robert Kyle 18 and Dahna Raugh are the people to consult for the project. If P&Z endorses it, Denmark said it 19 should probably be taken to Council. The reasons for it going to Council are due to the rewrite 20 of the Zoning Code and the requirement in the near future for the concept portion of PUDs to be 21 examined by City Council. Denmark said, "And we can do it by resolution without you having 22 to do too much detail, knowing that we're giving you an `okay' on the concept. Then you're 23 going to have to come back with some harder figures and details and stuff like that." The list that 24 Denton needs to make should be like an outline of what he does know, e.g. the setbacks and the 25 variances, and there should be a second outline of what still must be done. Ericson emphasized 26 that the package of vested rights needs to be clear. 27 28 At the end, Denmark added: "There also might be something in the Zoning Code that you're not 29 wanting to do yet, so we'll have to list that. But it's under the concept plan approval process; 30 you might have to list that as a condition. So go through that section of the Code." 31 32 33 2. South Fork Village PUD (Pre-application review) 34 Harold Denton 35 36 Issues 37 38 Pavement 39 40 Denton is trying not to set up associations, so his plan for pavement maintenance is a common 41 use agreement, similar to a party wall agreement. 42 43 Design 44 45 After Denton described how the houses will follow the contour of the existing grade, in a 46 staircase fashion, Denmark said this project has to be a PUD due to the lot setbacks; thus,those 47 conditions can be part of the application. (205) 48 49 Ericson asked for assurance that, in long term, they will have prohibitions on the conversion of 50 garages. Pickle responded that that does not need to be on there, due to the nature of it. 51 52 Denmark and Denton agreed that the entire package should be presented to the DRC once 53 construction of the first house in the cluster has begun(rather than presenting the package before 54 construction commences.) Denmark said that this must be part of the approval. 55 56 From there, discussion centered on possible changes to the driveways, sidewalks, and garages. 57 58 2 1 Utilities 2 3 Denton considered running private utilities in the street. Vince Sanchez suggested putting the 4 gas line under concrete. He asked Denton to bring a schematic showing a couple of options for 5 utilities. 6 7 Summary 8 9 Since this is a PUD, all the conditions can be listed as part of the PUD. It must be processed 10 through, subject to the things that need to be worked out. 11 12 Denmark said he did not anticipate any problems with this development being 'okay'ed, as long 13 as the details are worked out. The developers obtained permission to proceed to concept 14 approval. They need to work with Dahna and Robert to make sure all the concept issues and 15 conditions are on the drawing. 16 17 18 III. OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION 19 20 Truck Stop at corner of Motel Blvd. and Amador(Replat) 21 22 The replat is to combine the three separate parcels they own into one. Staff gave their `okay' to 23 this. 24 25 26 IV. OTHER CASES/ISSUES MAY BE DISCUSSED THAT HAVE NOT BEEN 27 LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (AS NEEDED) 28 29 None. 30 31 32 V. ADJOURNMENT 33 34 Meeting adjourned at 9:45 AM. 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 3 C�OMUJeq C�Oww DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE AGENDA FOR September 22, 1999 The City of Las Cruces Development Review Committee will consider the following agenda at a meeting to be held Wednesday, September 22, 1999 at 9:00 a.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 200 N. Church, Las Cruces, NM. I. CALL TO ORDER II. CASE INTRODUCTION 1. Famey Avenue PUD (Pre-application review) Harold Denton 2. South Fork Village PUD (Pre-application review) Harold Denton III. OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION IV. OTHER CASES/ISSUES MAY BE DISCUSSED THAT HAVE NOT BEEN LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (AS NEEDED) V. ADJOURNMENT The City of Las Cruces does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in the provision of services. The City of Las Cruces will makereasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability who wishes to attend this public meeting. Please notify the City Planning Department at least 48 hours before the meeting by calling 528-3222 (Voice) or 528-3157 (TTY). This document can be made available n alternative formats by calling the same numbers listed above. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER P.O. '3ox 20000 LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO 88004-9002 Phone(505)541-2000