Loading...
10-10-19 DPC10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 A& City of Las Cruces® MOUNTAINS OF OPPUNTUNITY The following are summary minutes for the meeting of the City of Las Cruces — Downtown Parking Committee for October 10, 2019 at 4:00 p.m., at the City of Las Cruces, City Hall, Conference Room 1158, 700 North Main Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico. Members Present: Kasandra Genders, District 1 Ceara Angel, Las Cruces Resident George Pearson, Member -at -Large Tiffany Thompson, Fanners Market Representative Heather Pollard, Adjacent Neighborhood Representative Members Absent: Michael White, Business Owner City Staff: Mandy Guss, Economic Development Administrator Barbara DeLeon, Interim Assistant City Manager Dania Soto, Executive Administrative Assistant Eric Martin, Facilities Management Administrator Hector Terrazas, Engineer Griselda Martinez, Interim Economic Development Director Natalia Enriquez, Farmers Market Representative Others: Jennifer Kozlowski, Downtown Las Cruces Partnership 1. Call to order-4:04 p.m. Action and Discussion Items: 2. Approval of Minutes: a. September 19, 2019 i. Approved with correction on misspelled word 3. Action Items a. N/A 4. Current Discussion Items and Task Listing a. Main Street Saturday Parking i. Hector Terrazas (Public Works), putting signs on each space is too much 1. Recommends it would be best to send out PIO (Public Information Office) messages. 10 11 12 13 14 is 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ii. ED to create flyers with specific message of where to park and not to park or be towed. b. Downtown Parking Map i. Mandy will be sending out the map to the Committee for final input c. Parking Lot Maintenance Plans i. CIP program kicking off tomorrow ii. Parking assessment has been complete iii. Bring in assessment of Downtown parking lots for next meeting d. DLCP Bike Parking Plan i. Downtown Improvement making priority for next year ii. Bike racks needed will be artistic that can fit up to 10 bikes iii. Working with ED on location of where they best fit and are needed iv. Don't have immediate funding 1. Looking for grants v. Month of May is bike month. 1. Can do an event kick-off the last week of April for Bike Clubs to help fundraise vi. Option of talking to businesses and see if anyone is wanting to sponsor bike racks 5. Next Meeting Discussion Items a. Parking Garage b. Timed Parking c. Downtown Parking Map d. Parking Lot Maintenance Plans e. Bike Parking f. November 14, 2019 6. Future Discussion a. Parking Garage b. Parking Study c. Loading Zones d. Impact of Charging Stations on Parking e. Motorcycle Parking Adjourn — 4:48 p.m. Chair Approved: