Loading...
08-30-18 TAC1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 MESILLA VALLEY METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE SPECIAL MEETING The following are minutes for the meeting of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Mesilla Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) which was held August 30, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. in the City of Las Cruces Council Chambers, 700 N. Main, Las Cruces, New Mexico. MEMBERS PRESENT: Mike Bartholomew (CLC Transit) Bill Childress (BLM) Michael Garza (DAC Flood Commission) Dale Harrell (NMSU) Jolene Herrera (NMDOT) (arrived 4:03) Harold Love (NMDOT) (arrived 4:06) Rene Molina (DAC Eng.) Larry Shannon (Town of Mesilla) Hector Tarrazas, (CLC) Jennifer Yoder (CLC) MEMBERS ABSENT: David Armijo (SCRTD) Sean Barham (LCPS) Soo Gyu Lee (CLC) Debbie Lujan (Town of Mesilla) Luis Marmolejo (DAC Planning) Tony Trevino (CLC Public Works) STAFF PRESENT: Tom Murphy (MPO Staff) Andrew Wray (MPO Staff) Michael McAdams (MPO Staff) Debra Fuller (MPO) OTHERS PRESENT: John Knopp Becky Baum, RC Creations, LLC, Recording Secretary 1. CALL TO ORDER (4:00 PM) Garza: Okay, we'll go ahead and get started. This is the August 30th Special Meeting of the Mesilla Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization Technical Advisory Committee. We'll go ahead and start with the roll call starting on my far right. Harrell: Dale Harrell, New Mexico State University. 1 I Molina: Rene Molina, Dona Ana County. 2 3 Shannon: Larry Shannon, Town of Mesilla. 4 5 Terrazas: Hector Terrazas, City of Las Cruces. 6 7 Yoder: Jennifer Yoder, City of Las Cruces. 8 9 Bartholomew: Mike Bartholomew, City of Las Cruces, RoadRUNNER Transit. 10 11 Childress: Bill Childress, Bureau of Land Management. 12 13 Garza: And I am Vice -Chair Michael Garza from Dona Ana County Flood 14 Commission. 15 16 2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA 17 18 Garza: So we'll move on to item number two, approval of the agenda. Does 19 anybody have any comments on the agenda? Seeing none. Looking for 20 a motion to approve. 21 22 Bartholomew: I move we approve the agenda. 23 24 Garza: Looking for a second. 25 26 Shannon: Second. 27 28 Garza: Motion approves. Move on to item ... 29 30 Wray: We need a vote Mr. Chair. 31 32 Garza: Sorry. All in favor. 33 34 MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY. 35 36 Garza: Now the motion passes. 37 38 3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES 39 40 3.1 August 2, 2018 41 42 Garza: Move on to item number three, approval of the minutes from August 2nd. 43 Does anybody have any comments on that? Seeing none. Looking for a 44 motion. 45 46 Bartholomew: I move we approve the minutes of August 2nd. 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 Molina: Second. Garza: All in favor. MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY. Garza: Motion passes. 4. PUBLIC COMMENT Garza: Move on to item number four, public comment. Do we have any comment from public? Seeing none. 5. ACTION ITEMS 5.1 FY 2018-2023 Transportation Improvement Program Amendments Garza: We will move to action item 5.1, 2018-2023 Transportation Improvement Program amendments. ANDREW WRAY GAVE HIS PRESENTATION. Garza: Does anybody have any comments or anything? So seeing none, what we're looking for is a recommendation of approval of the amendments to the MPO Policy Committee. Looking for a motion. Bartholomew: I'll move that we recommend these TIP program amendments to the Policy Committee. Childress: I'll second that. Garza: All in favor. MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY. Garza: Motion passes. 6. DISCUSSION ITEMS 6.1 MTP Amendment of Removal of Segments from Truck Route Map Garza: We will move to item number six, discussion items; 6.1 MTP amendment of removal of segments from truck route map. TOM MURPHY GAVE HIS PRESENTATION. 3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 Garza: Thank you. We have any questions or comments? Seeing none. 7. COMMITTEE AND STAFF COMMENTS 7.1 City of Las Cruces, Dona Ana County, Town of Mesilla, Las Cruces Public Schools, RoadRUNNER Transit, SCRTD Project Updates Garza: We will move on to item number seven, committee and staff comments. We'll start with the City of Las Cruces. Yoder: I have no comments at this time. Garza: Thank you. Dona Ana County. Molina: The only thing I was going to put out was Soledad Canyon we're out to bid next month and we will be moving into construction soon after. We're anticipating starting construction early part of next year. Thanks. Garza: Town of Mesilla. Shannon: I have nothing to add at this time. Garza: I don't believe we have Public Schools here. RoadRUNNER Transit. Bartholomew: The only thing I might mention is that with the help and the coordination of the MPO, we're working with them and the South Central RTD to work on a five to ten year range plan, it would be a coordinated plan that would look at where we have common interests. Garza: Thank you. I don't see SCRTD. 7.2 NMDOT Projects Update Garza: NMDOT. Herrera: Thank you Mr. Chair. We only have one project in the area right now. I'm sure you all are aware of it. It's Valley Drive. It is moving along. We're working on utilities in coordination with the City right now, but the project is moving along. We're looking at about an additional 16 months I think on the project, so it's going to be a long haul but it'll be beautiful once it's done, so be careful as you're going through the traffic control. The only other project we have upcoming is the University/1-25 interchange. That is on schedule. It was sent up to Santa Fe earlier this week. We are looking to let it in October and we should have construction starting on that early spring next year. 0 1 2 Garza: Thank you. 3 4 7.3 MPO Staff Projects Update 5 6 Garza: MPO Staff. 7 8 Murphy: Thank you Mr. Chair. A couple of reminders. We have the recreational 9 trails and the TAP applications that are due in to the MPO at the end of 10 September. We also recently put out a call for projects on the congestion 11 mitigation and air quality funding that DOT recently released a guide on 12 and we believe that we have to have applications from your jurisdictions 13 back by the end of November. Also there is a Volkswagen, I guess this is 14 related to their fines with air quality, but there are grant opportunities for 15 local jurisdictions. MPO staff would have more information but your 16 agencies should apply directly to the DOT with that program. So those 17 are grant opportunities available in the area. 18 Then one staffing announcement for us. This is my last TAC 19 Committee meeting. I have reached my eligibility for retirement with 20 PERA and I will be moving on to the next phase of my life. I'd like to thank 21 all of you for participating in this process. I definitely always appreciated 22 your insights on transportation issues and you helped make my job both 23 satisfying and easier. Thank you. 24 25 Garza: I think I speak for everyone when I say congratulations and best of luck in 26 your future endeavors. It was a pleasure having you here. 27 28 Murphy: Thank you. 29 30 Garza: Any comments on anything staff had to say. No. 31 32 8. PUBLIC COMMENT 33 34 Garza: We'll move on to item number eight, public comment. Seeing none. 35 36 9. ADJOURNMENT (4:14 PM) 37 38 Garza: We will go ahead and look for a motion to adjourn. 39 40 Bartholomew: I move that we adjourn. 41 42 Shannon: I second. 43 44 Garza: All in favor. 45 46 MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY. I1 2 Garza: We are adjourned. 4 5 6 7 8 Chairper on MPO Technical Advisory Committee Session Sign In October 4, 2018 Member Proxy Signature / Harold Love, NMDOT, Chair Michael Garza, DAC Flood Commission, Vice Chair David Armijo, SCRTD r Sean Barham, LCPS Mike Bartholomew, RoadRUNNER Transit��1� Bill Childress, BLM Ana Donohue, EBID Dale Harrell, NMSU Jolene Herrera, NMDOT SooGyu Lee, CLC Luis Marmolejo, DAC Rene Molina, DAC Larry Shannon, TOM Jennifer Yoder, CLC co N US c �- O � m Z _0 O = O m co a> Q E w ui U N O N L_ O O O N O N C L_ n O _ — f6 o — Qi •J o +� oc a� 0 � C VI L C •� E m Q c i 0 U V) a c N_ ^� W C 0 `� `°