Loading...
06-05-2001 Fourth of July Committee Meeting Notes June 5, 2001 Present Mario Medina, Eldon Cherry Rob Caldwell-CLC Public Liaison Officer, Barbara Lopez-Recording Secretary (Bill Baird arrived later in the meeting) Absent Richard Parra, Curtis Rosemond and Joe Martinez Vice-Chair Mario Medina call meeting to order at 12 10 pm. Notes from May 1, 2001 meeting cannot be accepted due to no quorum. Coke has not yet submitted a proposal for beverages, Mario suggested Committee go with Pepsi since there is only about 3 weeks until the event. Rob stated that it cannot be voted on because there is no quorum. Mario and Eldon both vote to go with Pepsi. Rob polled Bill and Joe on his cell phone at that time, and they both voted to go with Pepsi. Pepsi will be the 2001 beverage sponsor with 4 Committee votes. Parade Rob and Curtis were able to get the Sun News to run an ad for 4 weeks at no charge The deal negotiated was that the Sun News will run an ad if the Committee sells ads to go around it. Each Committee Member is responsible for selling 1 ad. Lisa at the Public Information Office will build the ad (similar to the posters) for the Sun News. Sisbarro will provide cars for the Beauty Queens and Parade Marshall as part of their sponsorship Bill will be responsible for decorating and lighting up the vehicles, they will be delivered to his shop Rob will inform Rick Nezzer at Sisbarro where and when to deliver cars. Sisbarro is also entenng their Calliope, (but it will not be judged), and they are also contributing $1000 A Parade Marshall is still needed, the General at WSMR cannot attend. No military vehicles will be needed. The National Guard Color Guard will be needed. Street Fest Entertainers for Street Fest have all been booked. 21 x27 posters are almost completed, they should be ready by June 8`h Rob and Mario will need to conduct a site survey at the parade and festival sites r R Mano will call the owners of the Nutri Vet lot for permission to use as set-up for Judges and viewing stands Fencing will be needed. City's equipment will be used at Judging and announcers stands Eldon asked if the radio stations have PA's for the other locations. The Committee decided that they would set up only 2 sites, at the judges stand, and use the stage PA for announcing at the parade, equipment is available to cover those 2 sites without having to rent additional equipment or ask the radio stations for set-up Barbara will need to start sending Joel Cano, at the Police Department notices to attend the meetings through the month of June. Rob will check with Traffic Operations on shutting down lights on Solano, Walnut and Hadley AMTGUARD group (22 volunteers) to assist with staging and parade route and serve as banner carriers. T-shirts will be needed for them. The Committee decided that they will not meet on the 12`h of June, but will meet on the 19`' and 26`h and possibly one more time nght before the event. It was stressed that it was veru important that Overvone attend. Meeting asdi ed. r G j/ ,