Loading...
06-17-2002 is Paz 4'h of July Committee Meeting Notes a � June 17,2002 P Members Present: Committee Members-Richard Parra, Curtis Rosemond, and Tom Whatley. City Employees—Udell Vigil,Public Information Office,Barbara Lopez, Public Liaison Assistant and Muriel Gribble and Liz Munoz,Finance Department. The Committee approved the Meeting Notes from June 10,2002. The Committee stated that Eldon Cherry helping with the Electric Light Parade was good news, it will be a great help. Barb has mailed out 45 parade packets to date. Udell said that he was going to attend a Council Meeting this afternoon and TV media would be present so he would pitch the parade entries to them. Staging is a big concern at this time, it may be more expensive than originally thought. There may have to be some cuts in other areas to cover this expense. South Coast Sound was supposed to fax an estimate,but they have not yet. It is not known at this time exactly how much the stage, lighting and sound will cost. The Committee discussed changes that could be made to cut costs. They decided to cut the last band that had not been signed yet and start the event a hour later, at 5:00 instead of 4:00 pm. Sisbarro had agreed to $1000.00,but we would try to up their sponsorship to $1500 to $2000 and offer them media coverage, sponsorship of all local bands, etc. The Committee discussed not purchasing shirts except maybe for volunteers from AMTGUARD,to try to use the sponsorship money from Sisbarro and the $500 sponsorship money from Kevin Mc6rath at Burger Time for other expenses. Finance expressed some concerns on security and change. They asked if they could have some security at the Finance trailer and there have been change problems in the past. The Committee suggested moving the Finance trailer to the VIP fenced area for security and will try to come up with a better way to have change available, more quarters and dollars. Liz and Muriel said that they will need signatures for whoever is responsible for start up bags. Council wants more control on the money, we need to start a"paper trail". Curtis suggested moving vendor area to grassy area in the festival site. Richard responded that the Meerscheidt area is more convenient for the vendor to have use of the restrooms, water, etc. It was decided not to change the set-up. There will be not carnival this year,the Committee was not approached by any vendors wanting to set-up. Rl i 1. Curtis said that Pepsi has no interest in'being the"exclusive sponsor"this year. He spoke with Coke and they said that they would most likely take the sponsorship,but will not provide manpower. Coke will be sending a proposal with what they can offer. The Committee discussed possibly using Parks personnel for delivery of product and stationing an employee at the trailer at all times to keep track of product. Tom stated that El Paso Electric decided not sponsor the Electric Light Parade. He will get in touch with Mountain View Regional Hospital to see if they might be interested. Curtis aid if the City could present him with a 5013C non-profit number that Walmart could donate a cash sponsorship of$1000. Tom said he would also get in touch with Barnett Harley Davidson about sponsorship. Tom will get with Rob on logistics. Curtis said that he wants a dollar amount for manpower that Walmart and S&H provide along with the in-kind services provided to City Council and the City Manager after each event, it is quite a substantial amount. The City has changed over their account to Wells Fargo and it was suggested that maybe they would be willing to be the parade sponsor. Liz Munoz said that we might talk to Tim Altimirano,the Committee asked her if she could please make contact, and tell bank officials that they would receive banners,media coverage, and choose a"parade marshal" in return for their sponsorship. Tom and Curtis discussed approaching Ben Woods about renting the stage from the University,they had said"no"to loaning it for the event,but maybe they would be interested in letting the City rent it, at possibly a lower cost than South Coast Sound. Tom said he would talk to Joe Martinez about setting up a meeting. Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting set for June 24,2002. Rag (�Uw@o FOURTH OF JULY COMMITTEE MEETING NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THERE WILL BE A FOURTH OF JULY COMMITTEE MEETING ON MONDAY,JUNE 17, 2002 12:00 NOON S&H RV & MOBILE HOME CENTER CONFERENCE ROOM 700 STERN DR. LAS CRUCES, NM 88005 AGENDA I. APPROVAL OF JUNE 10, 2002 MEETING NOTES. II. DISCUSSION OF ALL EVENT VENUES. 1. Parade 2. Street Fest 3. Fireworks Display 4. Vendors 5. Beverage 6. Entertainment 7. Logistics 8. Budget The City of Las Cruces will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation(s) for people with disabilities who wish to attend a public meeting. Please notify the City at least 24 hours before the meeting. Telephone 541-2000 or TTY number, 541-2182. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER P.O. Box 20000 LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO 88004-9002 Phone(505)541-2000 FOURTH OF JULY COMMITTEE MEETING NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THERE WILL BE A FOURTH OF JULY COMMITTEE MEETING ON MONDAY,JUNE 24, 2002 12:00 NOON S&H RV & MOBILE HOME CENTER CONFERENCE ROOM 700 STERN DR. LAS CRUCES, NM 88005 A GEN D A I. APPROVAL OF JUNE 17, 2002 MEETING NOTES. II. DISCUSSION OF ALL EVENT VENUES. 1. Parade 2. Street Fest 3. Fireworks Display 4. Vendors 5. Beverage 6. Entertainment 7. Logistics 8. Budget The City of Las Cruces will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation(s) for people with disabilities who wish to attend a public meeting. Please notify the City at least 24 hours before the meeting. Telephone 541-2000 or TTY number, 541-2182. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER P.O. Box 20000 LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO 88004-9002 Phone(505)541-2000